Monday, January 17, 2011

& the least they ever gave you, was the most you ever knew

I know I said that I was going to revamp my blog, but I haven't yet. I will, though, I promise!!


So, for now, let's have a glimpse in the life of Amber:


I had my first encounter with a SICK fiance. For those of you who don't know, I have an insane vomit phobia. The thought of, sound of, sight of vomit pretty much sends me into convulsions & full on panic mode. Well, wouldn't you know it, Rob woke up this past Tuesday SICK!! I tried the best I could to "doctor" him up, but I was a nervous wreck and eventually it was so bad that he had to go to the hospital. Luckily, we have an amazing roommate who (a) did vomit duty & (b) drove us to the ER, since it was all snowy & icy & i don't know how to drive in those conditions. Thankfully, everything was fine, they gave Rob some medicine & he was ok & i didn't have a nervous breakdown.


I have an on campus interview next monday for that director of involvement job that i may or may not have mentioned earlier. Although I really had my hopes up for going back to Alabama, i know that i am being offered this opportunity for a reason and can't, in good conscience, let it pass me by, so if all goes well, then i will be the director of involvement at a very nice college in charlotte, nc. I am very excited :)


Wedding planning is getting on my flipping nerves, because nothing is going according to plan. We originally set the date for April 30, but Rob's mom is going on a cruise so we had to change the date. I started looking for venues around our hometown, to no avail, and places outside of our hometown are very much outside of our nearly non-existent budget. We then decided to plan a beach wedding, thinking it would be cheaper. Well, since I am about 12 hours away from the beach, I can't really do much, so I asked my mother (a former florist, wedding planning gurista) to help me since she is actually in the state in which the beach is located (Gulf Shores, Alabama), even though she lives a good 5-6 hours away from the beach. Well... turns out she has no idea what to do either and thinks I should just go back to looking for a place near home so the ball is back in my court. I'm really stressed, am clueless, and have no help. We still don't have a date (although I want to get married sometime THIS summer) or a venue and i am STRESSING out. I have NO idea how to plan a wedding!!


I have gotten fat. Ick. Like I've probably gained a good 15 pounds since graduating college (with most of the gaining occuring since I moved in with Rob) & I am NOT happy about it. I have no energy or motivation to exercise & I have no idea what to eat. Being unable to cook makes it even harder. Please, someone, help me. I need a guardian angel of fitness & nutrition to tell me what to do & to get me back on track because none of my clothes fit & I am MISERABLE!!


And Harley ate one of my boat shoes today. :(

1 comment:

  1. Okay, what's a boat shoe?
    Also, go to my friend Joy's blog: http://ohforthejoyofcooking.blogspot.com/

    She puts a lot of emphasis on making nom-worthy meals that are healthy and amazing and fun. Plus, she's a total hoot.

    Maybe getting more involved in the kitchen with Rob like you mentioned will help you to be in more control of the healthfulness of your meal choices. Also, I'm sure he knows you in and out and would be more than willing to accommodate your desire to be healthy in his givings of "what's up".

    Also, a tip that's helped my cooking adventures:
    Start with simple recipes and follow them exactly. Pay really close attention to what the spices smell like, what ingredients taste like on an individual basis. By beginning with by-the-book recipes, you can learn what tastes and scents and textures compliment one another. Once you begin to build your palate, cooking will start to get much easier because when you taste your soup and think, "This needs something," you'll now know what that "something" may be. Don't be afraid to mess up. Sometimes food mistakes are awful and sometimes they are brilliant; so just get out there and try! :)

    P.S. I love you back, HGFS.

    ReplyDelete